Monday, November 14, 2022

What Do I Want?

Jesus stopped and ordered them to bring the man to him, and when he came up, asked him, ‘What do you want me to do for you?’ ‘Sir,’ he replied ‘let me see again.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Receive your sight. Your faith has saved you.’ And instantly his sight returned and he followed him praising God,
Lk.18:40-43

The persistence of the blind beggar overcame the obstacles of the surrounding people trying to shut him down. His faith resulted in his healing.

"What is it that you want?". At first this seems the most ridiculous question to ask a blind man. Of course he wants his sight. But Jesus wanted to engage with the blind man's faith. What he was asking for was a miracle healing from blindness. That takes faith and truck loads of it. 

The blind man was not only given his faith but also an increased love for God as evidenced by the loud praise he gave while following Jesus.

What miracle am I asking of Jesus? Do I have the faith to place it before him? 

Jesus, I place my trust in you.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.


No comments: