Thursday, November 24, 2022

Stand Up

And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand erect, hold your heads high, because your liberation is near at hand.
Lk.21:27,28

Jesus prophesies the destruction of Jerusalem before his return in glory to judge the earth. This is the time for all believers to stand strong and receive their promised freedom.

Here it is again. Agony, death and destruction before the joy of liberation. The Christian attitude is to always keep one eye firmly on the promised joy of liberation. Yes, deal with the trials of the day but don't let them overwhelm. Standing up with a lifted head gives a clearer view, a better perspective on what to do in a time of trial.

Jesus, I can be overwhelmed by trials. Help me keep my eye firmly on you so that I can stand up and lift my head and have a better view.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

 

No comments: