Friday, November 11, 2022

The Flag of Love

To love is to live according to his commandments: this is the commandment which you have heard since the beginning, to live a life of love.
2Jn.4:6

John reiterates the fundamental commandment of Jesus, the commandment to love.

I recall my first great love affair. Suddenly someone else's happiness became more important than my own. Love does that. This takes a new meaning when I recall scripture saying God is love. This means when I love, God is in me in his most pure form. 

As a Christian I am to have the attitude of love, remembering that I am loved by God. This is our hallmark, the flag we march under. See how they love one another. 

Thank you Jesus that I am not called to do good, or even be good. I am called to be loved. Then love will flow from me. 
Saint John the Evangelist, please pray for me.


No comments: