Monday, November 21, 2022

Generosity

I tell you truly, this poor widow has put in more than any of them; for these have all contributed money they had over, but she from the little she had has put in all she had to live on.
Lk.21:3,4

Jesus observes a widow gifting to the temple treasury. Her paltry few coins are lifted up as the highest example of generosity.

The widow blows my ten percent offerings to smithereens as she redefines generosity. She shows how it's not the amount that matters, it's the measure of generosity. Jesus loves a generous and cheerful giver. The people of rich soil are those with "noble and generous hearts".

My heart is not often generous, in fact it's usually parsimonious. It seems miserliness brings with it miserableness while generosity brings with it joy. 

Lord, show me where and how I can be a generous giver today.
Generous Widow, please pray for me.

 


No comments: