Thursday, November 10, 2022

An Ambassador

The coming of the kingdom of God does not admit of observation and there will be no one to say, “Look here! Look there!” For, you must know, the kingdom of God is among you.
Lk.17:20,21

Jesus replies to a Pharisee's question about the arrival of the kingdom of God, saying God's kingdom has already arrived.

Jesus is referring to himself, standing among the Pharisees, but also to his Church which is him incarnate. We, the Church, are his body and we represent the kingdom of God. We are the wheat among the weeds, the salt, the yeast, the mustard seed, the secret army at work in the world. 

I sometimes forget I'm an ambassador for Christ, an emissary for the kingdom of God. Today is a good day to remember that and live accordingly.

Jesus, you have placed me in the world. Help me be not of the world but yeast, salt, light for your kingdom. 
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me. 

No comments: