Saturday, November 5, 2022

Open Handed

Jesus said to his disciples: ‘I tell you this: use money, tainted as it is, to win you friends, and thus make sure that when it fails you, they will welcome you into the tents of eternity. 
Lk.16:9

Jesus has just told the parable of the shrewd servant. He highlights that money does have influence but it is limited to this world. Eternal influence comes from how we use money now.

Twenty dollars looks huge on the collection plate but very small when I had it over at Burger Fuel. My natural inclination is to be tight fisted. Jesus is calling me to be open handed. When I unclasp my fingers from that twenty dollar note it has less power over me.

Jesus, you know, Lord, that I am grasping by nature. Help me become open handed with a generous heart that I may be welcomed into heaven.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: