Thursday, November 3, 2022

Seek the Lost

“Rejoice with me,” he would say “I have found my sheep that was lost.” In the same way, I tell you, there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one repentant sinner than over ninety-nine virtuous men who have no need of repentance.
Lk.15:6,7

Jesus tells the parable of the lost sheep to Pharisees complaining that he spends time with tax collectors and sinners. It is those Jesus came for.

My favorite quote from Pope Francis: “The thing the church needs most today is the ability to heal wounds and to warm the hearts of the faithful; it needs nearness, proximity. I see the church as a field hospital after battle." Jesus would agree.

Today is a day to recognise the lost, the alone, the wounded and help heal them, in Jesus' mighty name.

Jesus, it can be overwhelming when faced with a person's desperate need. Help me be you to them in whatever form that takes.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: