Tuesday, November 22, 2022

The Beginning of the Story

Alleluia, alleluia!
Be faithful until death, says the Lord,
and I will give you the crown of life.
Alleluia!
Rv.2:10

In God's time the world will come to an end and he will judge the earth and all people. We, his people, are not to be afraid but are to be faithful to the promise of eternal life.

Here is the great promise of our faith. Be faithful until death and you will have life. Jesus was unequivocal about the resurrection. This is a nonsense to unbelievers until they are staring down the barrel of death when suddenly it has a certain appeal. 

What does this mean for me today? Yes, one day I will die. No, that will not be the end of my story but just the end of the title page, with my real story about to begin. Is this Good News worth sharing? Absolutely!

Jesus, you are the first born to the resurrection. Thank you for the promise of eternal life. You are the source of my joy.
Saint John the Revelator, please pray for me.


No comments: