Friday, April 30, 2021

The Way Home

Thomas said, ‘Lord, we do not know where you are going, so how can we know the way?’ Jesus said: ‘I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one can come to the Father except through me.’
Jn.14:5,6

Jesus is comforting his disciples, telling them not to be troubled and to trust him. He then gives the key to this peace, himself. 

This statement of Jesus' cuts to the chase. No one can come to the Father except through believing and following him. Even though the doorway to heaven is clear cut, the way we can reach the door is as countless as there are people. For myself, I reached that doorway aged thirty-five after travelling a long and winding road. My mother reached that doorway as a ninety-two year old literally on her death bed. Who can say for certain that doorway can be found even after heart stops beating?

My business is to help others to reach that doorway, that place of decision. That is my motivation for hosting Alpha Courses. There are people I will meet today who need that help.

Jesus, thank you for being my Way, my Truth and my Life. Help me help others to find their way back home to the Father through you.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.

 

No comments: