Thursday, April 29, 2021

It's meant to be Easy

Memorial of Saint Catherine of Siena 
‘Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I will give you rest. Shoulder my yoke and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden light.’
Mt.11:28-30

Jesus reveals his sonship with God the Father and then makes the irresistible invitation to come to him and unload our burdens in exchange for rest, a deep rest for our souls.

I recall the first time I really heard Jesus' invitation to cast all my cares upon him. Two sisters in a youth group I was leading sung it acapella. I suddenly realised I was carrying a lot of stuff I wasn't meant to be carrying. I was moved to tears, and to relief.

Over the years I've needed to go back and accept this invitation. I need to do it again today. The yoke is meant to be easy. It's meant to be light.

Thank you Jesus. I accept your invitation to take up your easy, light yoke.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.



 

 

No comments: