Friday, April 16, 2021

The Sign

Jesus, who could see they were about to come and take him by force and make him king, escaped back to the hills by himself.
Jn.6:15

A miracle has just happened with Jesus feeding five thousand from just five barley loaves and two two fish. The crowd want to make Jesus king but Jesus escape to prevent this.

When I stop and really consider the miracle that had taken place, I think I would have been one of the crowd clamoring for Jesus to be ruler and fix everything. Imagine if Jesus was prime minister of New Zealand. No more abortion. No more hungry children. No more poverty. The trouble is I would expect Jesus to be a magician waving his wand over the areas that I think need fixing.  

The miracle of the loaves and fishes was a sign to something greater. It was a sign to God who loves us. Following this sign results in a change of heart. This is an inside out work, not an outside in like filling my belly. Once we all follow the sign, have the inside out transformation miracle, then and only then will miracles start to happen in our country. 

Today, right now, I follow the sign and meet the God who loves me. Then let the miracles begin..

Jesus, you are the way. I receive your love and follow you today as a beloved son with joy in my heart.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: