Tuesday, April 20, 2021

My God

I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never be hungry; he who believes in me will never thirst.
Jn.6:35

The crowd are clamoring for more signs, for more bread.  Jesus says they already have the bread of life. It is he who is standing before them.

No other prophet or religious leader has claimed to be God. Not Mohamad, not Buda, not Confucius.  They all point to God saying don't look to me, look to him. Jesus alone makes the claim that he is God. The most humble and meek man that ever walked the earth says, "I am the way, the truth, the life. I am the bread of life. Believe in me". He is either mad, bad or speaking the truth. 

I look at the evidence and I'm brought to the reasonable, logical conclusion that Jesus is who he claims to be. Truly he is the Son of the Living God. I walk into my day with the surety that Jesus, my God, is with me.  

Thank you Jesus for all you have done and are doing for me. I place my trust in you.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.

No comments: