Monday, April 5, 2021

Champion Slain yet Lives to Reign

Death with life contended: 
combat strangely ended! 
Life’s own Champion, slain, 
 yet lives to reign.

 Easter Sequence

We enter into the joy of Easter, so great that the Church tells us it takes eight days to celebrate the one day. The Easter Sequence attempts to convey the pascal mystery by poetry. 

Death with life contended, combat strangely ended. Life's own Champion slain, yet lives to reign. 

Such wonderful news that contains the message that changes my life forever. 

He is Risen!

This makes sense of everything. Questions that rise from the good, the bad, the ugly of life are all contended when I take hold of this wonderful truth, He is Risen!

Jesus, my risen Lord. my joy today is a gift from you and a gift to you. You are risen indeed. Alleluia!
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.



No comments: