Saturday, April 10, 2021

Good News!

And he said to them, ‘Go out to the whole world; proclaim the Good News to all creation.
Mk.16:15

The risen Jesus finally meets with the eleven apostles. He rebukes them for not believing earlier reports of his resurrection and then gives the great commission to go tell the world the Good News.

The Good News for the apostles was simple. Christ died. Christ was buried. Christ has risen. It's the death and resurrection of Jesus from which every other Christian teaching hangs. Most of the Gospels are taken up with describing this. 

Alpha starts Monday. It's time to proclaim the Good News. Alleluia!

My risen Lord Jesus. You are alive, alleluia! Be with me today so I may be Good News to those I encounter.
Saint Philip Neri, Please pray for me.

No comments: