Thursday, April 22, 2021

Explain and Introduce

When Philip ran up, he heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and asked, ‘Do you understand what you are reading?’ ‘How can I’ he replied ‘unless I have someone to guide me?’ So he invited Philip to get in and sit by his side.
Acts 8:30,31

Philip is led by the Holy Spirit to approach an Ethiopian official travelling in his chariot. Engaging in conversation, Philip is invited into the chariot to explain the scripture the official was reading. The official is converted and baptised on the side of the road.

This amazing event shows one way of evangelising. The Ethiopian was ready to believe, he simply needed Philip to introduce Jesus. 

Our Alpha Course is a way of walking alongside people, waiting for them to invite us in and explain the meaning of scripture and then introduce them to Jesus. I can do this with people outside the Alpha Course. What could be more exciting!

Holy Spirit, send me to people ready to hear the Good News of Jesus so I can walk alongside them and wait for their invitation to explain and introduce Jesus.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.



No comments: