Wednesday, March 24, 2021

You Rescued Me

If you make my word your home you will indeed be my disciples, you will learn the truth and the truth will make you free.
Jn.8:31

Jesus is addressing the Jews to explain who he is. They won't acknowledge their slavery to sin and so can't recognise their need of a savior.

This was a big stumbling block for people hearing the Gospel two thousand years ago and it is the big stumbling block for people hearing the Gospel today. What is wrong is being held up as right, what is bad is being held up as good. If I don't need saving then I don't need a savior.

God's best building material is people who are broken. The prostitutes and tax collectors discovered this. I've discovered this. It's good for me to remember the slavery that I was in to appreciate again the freedom Jesus has gained for me.

You rescued me and picked me up 
A living hope of grace revealed 
A life transformed in righteousness 
Oh Lord You have rescued me 

Forgiving me You healed my heart 
And set me free from sin and death 
You brought me life 
You've made me whole 
Oh Lord You have rescued me

Geoff Bullock

Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: