Saturday, March 6, 2021

Outrageous Grace

While he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was moved with pity. He ran to the boy, clasped him in his arms and kissed him tenderly.
Lk.15:20

Jesus addresses the Pharisees who are criticising him for welcoming sinners with the parable of the prodigal son. The parable portrays God as a love sick father dispensing outrageous mercy and grace.

Oh how I love this parable. Why? Because oh how I need outrageous grace and mercy. This is the God I want to introduce to the unchurched guests in our Alpha Course. I'm reminded again that it's not the good people who get to heaven, it's the forgiven.

Lord Jesus, you are speaking to the Pharisee in me with this parable. Help me be a dispense of outrageous mercy and grace today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

 

 

No comments: