Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Less is More

The greatest among you must be your servant. Anyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and anyone who humbles himself will be exalted.
Mt.23:12

Jesus has just called out the hypocrisy of the scribes and Pharisees who are great at preaching the law but not so great in practicing it. He then gives this antidote to prideful attention seeking... humility.

I am a sinner. That is a good starting point. I struggle with lust, greed, judgement and pride. But all is not lost, all is never lost. That is the good news. I am called again and again to turn back to God. 

Today Jesus even shows me how to do this. Practice humility, be a servant. Then I will be given exaltation from the one who matters most, Jesus himself. Today, less is more.

Jesus, you know my struggles. Thank you Lord for continuing to pursue me. Lord, you are the Servant King. Teach me your ways today that I may follow you more closely.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

 



No comments: