Friday, March 26, 2021

Refuge

My God is the rock where I take refuge; my shield, my mighty help, my stronghold. The Lord is worthy of all praise, when I call I am saved from my foes.
Ps.17:1,2

The psalmist extolls the saving power of God.

The noose is closing around Jesus. In today's Gospel we hear they wanted to stone him but he eluded them. The time was not quite right. I can image that Psalm 17 would have been on Jesus' mind and in his prayers. 

Do I have foes that want to stone me? No but I have foes in the spiritual world that want to assist in my downfall, as Jeremiah writes today. 

Today I stand on the rock and pick up my shield. I am saved from my foes. I am in a place of refuge which is a place of peace.

Jesus, you are my defender and my shield. I place my trust in you.
Saint Philip Neri. please pray for me.

No comments: