Thursday, March 4, 2021

Noble and Generous Heart

Gospel Acclamation    cf. Lk8:15
Praise to you, Lord Jesus Christ, king of endless glory! 
Happy are they who have kept the word with a generous heart 
and yield a harvest through perseverance. 
Praise to you, Lord Jesus Christ, king of endless glory!


Today's Gospel Acclamation is drawn from Luke 8:15 where Jesus is explaining the parable of the sower to his disciples. The rich soil that receives the seed and produces plenty are people with "noble and generous hearts" who hear God's word and act on it.

Lately, this verse has become a reset button for me. When I find myself tempted or embroiled in sin I ask myself, is what I'm doing or contemplating noble and generous? The answer is usually no and makes me pull back. Today is a good time to push the reset button and regain a noble and generous heart in all I do.

Jesus, you have the most noble and generous of hearts. I take you as my role model this day.

Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

 


No comments: