Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Like a Child

I tell you solemnly, unless you change and become like little children you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Mt.18:3


Saint Thérèse of the Child Jesus, Virgin, Doctor

Jesus is asked who is the greatest in God's Kingdom. His reply surprises the disciples. The lowest, the most humble, the most powerless, little children are great in God's Kingdom.

Jesus goes a step further and challenges me to change, to step down from my self aggrandisement. I look for ways to appear great before man. Jesus says stop, turn away from my puffed up self and look to others as greater than myself.

Today is the memorial of Saint Therese of Lisieux. She made herself small and in so doing became a saint and doctor of the Church. I have much to learn from her...

Jesus, you know how I crave man's adulation. Help me become like a child that I may enter your Kingdom.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: