Saturday, October 19, 2019

Gift of Faith

That is why what fulfills the promise depends on faith, so that it may be a free gift and be available to all of Abraham’s descendants, not only those who belong to the Law but also those who belong to the faith of Abraham who is the father of all of us.
Rms.4:16
Paul writes to the Church in Rome, explaining that the promise of God is for all peoples who have faith enough to receive it. Faith is the only essential requirement.

My conversion was delayed for years because I was trying to understand everything about Christianity before making a commitment. Coercion from loving friends to "Just jump!" finally had me do just that... jump. To my amazement, it was after jumping that I finally understood.

A mystery stops being mysterious when it is completely understood and so much of God is mystery, thank goodness. If God could fit inside my puny brain what a small god he would be. This gift of faith is truly that, a wonderful, priceless gift. Today I am grateful for my beautiful gift of faith.

Thank you Jesus for your patience all those years as you held out to me the gift of faith, waiting for me to finally receive it. I treasure this gift from you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.




No comments: