Tuesday, October 22, 2019

I've come to do your will.

Happy those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes. I tell you solemnly, he will put on an apron, sit them down at table and wait on them. It may be in the second watch he comes, or in the third, but happy those servants if he finds them ready.
Lk.12:37,38
Great crowds are gathering to hear Jesus. Jesus gives both warning and encouragement to stay awake and be ready for his return.

It's said that the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference. Living life "asleep at the wheel" is being indifferent to God, the giver of life in the first place.

It's so easy to be asleep to the presence, to the grace of God in my day. An antidote is to have a servant's heart. This makes me take my focus off myself and onto others. They're made in God's image and are a reminder of who it is I'm serving. When Jesus returns let him find me serving, even today.

Here I am Lord. I've come to do your will.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: