Friday, October 25, 2019

Remember I'm Human

What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body doomed to death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Rms.7:25
Saint Paul declares the weakness of his humanity. His spirit is willing but his flesh is weak.

A recent scandal in the local Church resulted in a Bishop resigning because of a sexual relationship being made public.  It is said church leaders fall through sexual sin not because they forget they are Christian but because they forget they are human.

All men, including the great Apostle Saint Paul by his own admission, are susceptible to weakness of the flesh in all its permutations. Saint Paul points to the antidote. Remember we are human. The accountability group of men I meet with fortnightly is a big part of my remembering. I must thank them for this today....

Lord Jesus, thank you for my maleness. Help me keep my humanity before me and my sexual integrity beside it.
Saint Augustine, please pray for me.



No comments: