Wednesday, October 23, 2019

A Free Slave

You were once slaves of sin, but thank God you submitted without reservation to the creed you were taught. You may have been freed from the slavery of sin, but only to become ‘slaves’ of righteousness.
Rms.6:17,18
The Church of Rome is exhorted to die to the sins of the flesh and and become the slave of righteous living.

I've been on both sides of this divide, a slave to sin and a slave of righteousness. This battle within still continues. When sin rules I'm chained in shackles and it feels that way. But strangely, when I'm a slave to righteousness I actually feel free. That's because I have been set free. I'm a free slave.

Today I choose the slavery of righteousness and freedom will be mine.

Thank you Jesus for your death on the cross that lets me die to sin and rise to freedom. I place my trust in you.
Saint Augustine, please pray for me.


No comments: