Friday, October 18, 2019

Lord of the Harvest

He said to them, ‘The harvest is rich but the labourers are few, so ask the Lord of the harvest to send labourers to his harvest.
Lk.10:2 
Jesus is commissioning the seventy-two for their mission trip. His practical instruction includes an appeal to pray for more labourers, more missionaries to join them.

I would have thought seventy-two was a respectable number for a missionary team. Jesus obviously didn't think so. I'm hoping to start another Alpha Course in our parish. For this to happen the host team needs to be at least eight. At the moment I've got the commitment of one.

The harvest in my home city is rich. I'm looking at this harvest with a team of one and I have every hope. Why? Because the Lord of the harvest is waiting for me to simply ask and he will send labourers.

Jesus. In your name I ask God our Father to send me people excited about avangelisation and convinced of the power of Alpha lead people to you.
Saint Luke, please pray for us.

No comments: