Thursday, October 24, 2019

Division

‘Do you suppose that I am here to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division. For from now on a household of five will be divided: three against two and two against three;
Lk12:51,52

Jesus is telling his disciples there is a cost to following him, that cost being the hatred of the world that can even be experienced within a family.

Jesus warned that the world would hate Christians not that Christians would hate the world. There are places where this warning is obvious, where choosing Christ can cost your life. Even within my own family my Christian faith puts me at arms length from some.

What's my response to this division? Love and prayer. Love of the hater of Christ and prayer for unity.

Jesus, you experienced  hatred to the point of death. Give me compassion to be an agent of unity, especially within my own family.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: