Wednesday, October 30, 2019

The Narrow Door

‘Sir, will there be only a few saved?’ He said to them, ‘Try your best to enter by the narrow door, because, I tell you, many will try to enter and will not succeed.Lk.13:23,2 

Jesus is asked if many will be saved at the end of time. Jesus answers by saying many will be lost.

A popular gospel is one that says the door to heaven is wide open and everyone is going to enter. Jesus disagrees. He says the gate to heaven is narrow and many will not pass through it. This heightens the need to evangelise, starting with myself and my family.

Try your best, Jesus says. The inference is that passively drifting into heaven is not the way to get there. I need to make an effort daily, hourly, right at this moment to enter the narrow door. The alternative is not pretty, weeping and grinding of teeth... forever.

Jesus, sometimes I’m asleep at the wheel, just drifting. Holy Spirit, remind me today that the door to paradise is narrow and requires my best efforts to pass through it.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: