Thursday, April 4, 2019

Turn Back your Anger

For this he said he would destroy them, but Moses, the man he had chosen, stood in the breach before him, to turn back his anger from destruction.    Ps.105:23

The Israelites have apostatised and worshiped a golden statue of a calf. God's rage threatens to destroy them but Moses intercedes for the people and God's anger is diverted.

Intercession is powerful. Much of my prayer life is taken up in intercession. My family are regularly lifted up along with friends and colleagues. The Gospels are full of instances where Jesus responds to the intercession of friends and family.

What does this tell me about the nature of God? That he is compassionate, he is merciful, he is ready to listen. What does this tell me about who I am meant to be? I am to be compassionate, merciful, always ready to listen.

Lord Jesus, help me become the man of God that best reflects who you are. Let compassion, mercy, a willingness to listen be my hallmarks as they are yours.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: