Thursday, April 18, 2019

This is What I Recieved

This is what I received from the Lord, and in turn passed on to you: that on the same night that he was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took some bread...      1Cor.11:23

Saint Paul is writing to the Church in Corinth, instructing them on how Jesus instituted the Mass at the Last Supper. It's a gift he received and is now passing on to others.

Holy Week reminds me why I love being Catholic. The very core of our faith is spotlighted by the Church. Today, Maundy Thursday, the focus is on the institution of the Mass and the washing of feet. The Mass feeds me and gives me life, to do what? To go out and wash feet.

This beautiful faith has been gifted to me and I pass it on to my children and grandchildren. That's how it worked two thousand years ago and it's how it works today. I'm hoping to extend my foot washing by starting an Alpha course in our parish, passing on faith in Jesus to people as yet unchurched. What a privilege...

Lord Jesus, thank you for my precious gift of faith. Help me pass it on to others.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: