Monday, April 8, 2019

Green Pastures and Still Waters


The Lord is my shepherd;
 there is nothing I shall want.
Fresh and green are the pastures
 where he gives me repose.
Near restful waters he leads me,
 to revive my drooping spirit.
Ps.22
This famous psalm expresses a complete trust in God. God is described as a shepherd in his role as protector and provider.

Whenever I am in green pastures and beside still waters I am reminded of this Psalm. In the part of the world where I live still waters and green pastures can be found everywhere. The Psalmist acknowledges even a man trusting in God can have times when his spirit droops. But God promises he will revive me in such times.

I often have my lunch sitting beside the Waikato river that flows through town, The grass is green up to the river's edge, the waters are restful. Today when I am there I will acknowledge God my protector, my providor, my shepherd.

Thank you God that you revive my drooping spirit. Surely goodness and kindness shall follow me all the days of my life. 
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: