Saturday, April 6, 2019

A Generous Heart

Gospel AcclamationPraise and honour to you, Lord Jesus Christ! Happy are they who have kept the word with a generous heart and yield a harvest through perseverance. Praise and honour to you, Lord Jesus Christ!    Lk.8:15

Today's Gospel Acclamation is taken from the parable of the sower where Jesus describes the seed falling on good soil. These are people who hear the Word of God and live it with generosity. They are the ones who yield a great harvest.

Just as there's something repulsive about mean-spiritedness, there's something very attractive about generosity. Generous people are fun to be around, not just because I might benefit from their generosity but because of their uplifting character. They tend to be people who are compassionate, merciful, who laugh a lot. They're generous not just with physical goods but also in relationships, overlooking my weaknesses. They're people I can relax with.

The good soil of a generous heart is something I can work on today.

Jesus, generosity of heart is what drew people to you. Lord, help me develop generosity in my heart that I may yield a good harvest for you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: