Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Freedom

‘If you make my word your home you will indeed be my disciples, you will learn the truth and the truth will make you free.’     Jn.8:31,32

Jesus is explaining to the Jews who he is and what it is he brings... freedom.

The person with the heaviest chains is the one who thinks he isn't shackled at all. I've been thinking lately of my life prior to getting married. It was a hedonistic world I lived in. If you'd asked me did I regard myself shackled in any way I would have scoffed. I was free to do what I liked, get what I liked. My pleasure was my primary pursuit. Only after getting married and allowing someone else's happiness to be more important than my own did I realise how narrow and confined my self centered world was.

The truth that Jesus brings elevates freedom to a higher level again. It's the freedom that comes from recognising sin and turning away from it. When I fall and commit a sin I feel the shackles around my feet again. Walking out of the confessional... Oh I'm free indeed. Time for another visit....

Thank you Jesus for the freedom you give me. Help me make your word my home so I may be free indeed. 
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: