Saturday, May 1, 2010

Who and What

Fourth Week of Easter

SCRIPTURE
 ‘Have I been with you all this time, Philip,’ said Jesus to him, ‘and you still do not know me?
Jn.14:9

OBSERVATION
Jesus is giving His final teaching to His disciples at the Last Supper.  He is explaining His divine nature, how He and the Father are one.  Philip still doesn't quite get it and blurts, ‘Lord, let us see the Father and then we shall be satisfied.’ 'You must believe' is Jesus' reply.  He then promises the Holy Spirit who will teach all who believe.

APPLICATION
I have been with Jesus for over 25 years and yet there is still much I do not know about Him. Philip kept asking questions and eventually got know Jesus so well that he died a martyr's death for Him.  The mystery of who and what Jesus is doesn't go away but it is worthy of my best efforts to solve it.
So, I keep asking...

PRAYER
Jesus my Lord and my friend, you are the greatest mystery ever presented to me.  I place my hope and trust in You.  Holy Spirit, teach me about Jesus that I may love Him more.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: