Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Eternal Life from Knowing

And eternal life is this: to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.  
Jn.17:3

Jesus is praying His Priestly Prayer for His disciples at the Last Supper, knowing His passion and death are imminent.  This is His last moment of intimacy with the Father before He is glorified with Him in heaven.

Jesus defines here what eternal life truly is and it is something quite simple… to know the Father and to know the Son.  How do I get to know them?  Well, the same way I get to know anyone I guess, by spending time with them. 

Here is the difficulty… spending time.  My life is so “busy” with things to do, places to go, people to see.  And yet this busyness is not life-giving.  In fact it is often life taking.  Spending time with God is the antidote.  It slows me down and connects me with my life source.

It’s time for a recommitment to daily time with my God.

Lord Jesus, my life is in You Lord.  Thank you for the promise of eternal life that comes with knowing You.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: