Thursday, May 13, 2010

Irrational Joy

‘I tell you most solemnly, you will be weeping and wailing while the world will rejoice; you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn to joy.’
Jn.16:20

Jesus at the Last Supper is telling His disciples He is about to be taken from them but that He will return.  He is promising that His resurrection will happen and it will be a source of great joy for all believers.

Catholics and all Christians are resurrection people.  It is the great non-sensible event that makes sense of everything.  It flies in the face of the world’s understanding of death which is destruction, decay and final ending.  For Jesus His resurrection meant new life and a new and greater beginning.  He has led the way for us to follow into the same glorious resurrected state.  No wonder we have every reason to be joyful!

Today I remind myself of the reason for my irrational joy…  the promise I have for my resurrection.

Lord Jesus, you are the first born into the new and eternal life promised to us.  Thank you Lord for the source of great joy your promise gives me, today.

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: