Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Come Holy Spirit

Sixth Week of Easter

…it is for your own good that I am going because unless I go, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I do go, I will send him to you.
Jn.16:7

Jesus is in the upper room of the Last Supper giving His final words of encouragement to His disciples.  He recognises their grief in hearing that He is leaving them but puts it into perspective by revealing God’s plan in it all… He must go so the Holy Spirit may come!

This is an amazing fact.  I am better off, according to Jesus, with Him not here with me in the flesh.  Why?  …because it has allowed the Holy Spirit to come into my life.  Jesus places huge emphasis on the importance of the Holy Spirit and His role in the Church, on His role in my life.  Do I place the same importance on the third person of the Blessed Trinity?

Come Holy Spirit and renew the face of the earth… renew me!
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: