Friday, May 28, 2010

Sing for Joy all the Earth

11 Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad;
       let the sea resound, and all that is in it;
 12 let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them.
       Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy;
 13 they will sing before the LORD, for he comes,
       he comes to judge the earth. 
Ps.95:11-13

Psalm 95 starts with, ” Sing to the LORD a new song;  sing to the LORD, all the earth.” We live in a creation that exalts God in every fibre of its existence. 

I have memories of my younger days witnessing a beautiful sunrise while sitting on a hut porch on the side of Mount Ruapehu.  A man sitting with me was sharing this early morning glory and he was about to roll himself a marijuana joint to smoke.  I heard him say, “I don’t need this (marijuana). I’m getting a high from just looking”, and he put his joint away.  I remember thinking there is something bigger than both of us here. 

At the time I didn’t know His name, but I was certainly starting to recognise God’s finger prints in creation.  Today I recognise the “new song” that creation is crying out for those who will hear… and I will join creation in praising Him.

Father in heaven, I join all of your creation in singing for joy for you come, you come to judge the earth.

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: