Friday, May 14, 2010

The Joy of Love

If you keep my commandments you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my own joy may be in you and your joy be complete.  …what I command you is to love one another.
Jn.15:9,10,17

Jesus at the Last Supper is summarising why He came and what He is leaving for the Church to do.  He came to love…  He commissioned us to love.  And the promise?  Our joy will be complete.

When I think of great saints of I have read about and even faith-filled people I have met, a common denominator is a joy that they radiate.  Even though they may have troubles, they seem right with the world.  They have a joy about them.  I find this incredibly attractive.   

The key for my joy then is to be a great lover… starting with the people I met today.

Lord Jesus, help me today keep your commandment to love.  Some people aren’t lovely Lord, but everyone is loveable.  Help me love, that my joy may be complete.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: