Friday, March 24, 2023

Timing

They would have arrested him then, but because his time had not yet come no one laid a hand on him.
Jn. 7:30

Jesus unflinchingly proclaims again he is sent by God the Father, infuriating the Jewish leaders. Jesus' inevitable trap looms larger on the horizon, waiting for the right time to snap. 

Timing is everything. From the charge of a cavalry brigade on the field of battle to the swing of the conductor's baton, timing determines its effectiveness. The Jewish leaders had Jesus' end all planned, just waiting for the right time. 

There's a right time for everything in my life, the trick is to sense the right time and then act. 

Lord Jesus, your timing was perfect. Give me the right sense of timing in my day, my year, my life.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: