Friday, March 17, 2023

A New Name

Yet do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you; rejoice rather that your names are written in heaven.
Lk.10:20

The seventy-two have returned rejoicing at the success of their mission trip, that devils submitted to them. Jesus says they have won a greater victory than they think, that their names are written in heaven awaiting  to be bestowed on them. 

I like to think there has been a "Simon the Sandpile" to "Peter the Rock" type of renaming here. It's like the receiving of a medal after heroism in battle. 

What name awaits me in heaven, "Mike the Magnificent" or "Mike the Mashup"? What I do on earth for the Kingdom will have a say in this.

Jesus, give me a boldness to witness for the Kingdom of God near at hand.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: