Saturday, March 18, 2023

He has Torn Us but will Heal Us

Come, let us return to the Lord.
He has torn us to pieces, but he will heal us;
he has struck us down, but he will bandage our wounds;
Hs.6:1

God speaks through the prophet Hosea, pining for his chastised people to return to him with repentant hearts. 

This is so much like a loving father to his children. Yes, he has torn them but he will heal them. Yes, he has struck them but he will bandage them. The child, or in this instance me, is wiser and even more secure in the father's love. 

This is not very PC parenting in the world's eyes, but it works. I sin I suffer. The short, sharp, shock is followed by loving healing. The law of the harvest (I reap what I sow) is unavoidable like the law of gravity and it's a hard law to learn.

Father, help me always keep one eye firmly fixed on your unquenchable love for me.
Saint Therese the Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: