Friday, March 10, 2023

A Warrior

I tell you, then, that the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit.
Mt.21:43

Jesus has just told the parable of the rebellious tenants then focuses its message upon the Pharisees. God's kingdom will triumph and bear fruit but not through them. 

The kingdom of God is an unstoppable train. It will eventually triumph as sure as the sun does rise. The question is, am I part of the Church Militant that will become the Church Triumphant? Will it bear fruit through me?

I lose sight of the fact that the Church is in a battle and I need to be slugging it out in the fight. The wine from the vineyard becomes intoxicating and too often I'm just a cosy Catholic, not a warrior. 

Lord Jesus, I want to be a warrior for your kingdom. Holy Spirit, be my courage and strength. 
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.



No comments: