Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Tear up The Book

You wicked servant,” he said “I cancelled all that debt of yours when you appealed to me. Were you not bound, then, to have pity on your fellow servant just as I had pity on you?
Mt.18:32,33

Jesus answers Peter's question about how many times he must forgive with the parable of the unforgiving servant. The parable says there is no end to forgiveness because I have been extravagantly forgiven.

My selfishness, lustfulness, greediness, covetousness and general dishonesty could fill a book. God has torn up the pages of that book and thrown it into the ocean. It's time I dropped the pen, stopped chronicling the faults of others, tore up the book and tossed it into the ocean of forgiveness where mine has been thrown.

I think this is called heart surgery and like all successful heart surgery, it will give me a new lease of life.

Lord, turn my judgmental heart of stone into a heart of flesh.
Saint Peter, please pray for me.


No comments: