Thursday, March 2, 2023

Ask Seek Knock

Ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you. For the one who asks always receives; the one who searches always finds; the one who knocks will always have the door opened to him.
Mt.7:7-8

In his Sermon on the Mount Jesus instructs everyone to not be passive in their faith but to ask, seek, knock. 

This is dust of daily battle stuff. In the midst of my busy life, needs arise, injustice is encountered, failure is experienced. These are all things in which I can ask, seek, knock. Also, and perhaps more commonly, this is the path for those coming to know Jesus. 

Luke 11:13 records Jesus saying the same thing but with the addition, "How much more will the Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who keep asking him!" If I want more power of the Holy Spirit in my life I need only, ask, seek, knock.

Come Holy Spirit, fall afresh on me.
Only you can make me whole
Give me strength and make me grow
Come Holy Spirit, fall afresh on me.

Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: