Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Set Free

If you continue in my word, you are truly my disciples; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.
Jn.8:31,32

Jesus unflinchingly defines to the Jews what it takes to be set free from slavery to sin. Follow his teaching, know the truth and the truth will set them free.

There are lots of people proclaiming their version of the truth. Social media is choked with it. On this point Jesus is uncompromising. The truth that sets people free can only be found by following him. Anything else, no matter how moral or good, is an empty promise. 

Following Jesus' word starts with allowing myself to be loved, loved by God no matter what I've done. When I let that truth soak into my inner being I am set free.

Thank you Jesus for loving me, for seeing gold in my miry clay. You have set me free.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: