Monday, March 6, 2023

Generous Given is Generous Gets

Give, and there will be gifts for you: a full measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will be poured into your lap; because the amount you measure out is the amount you will be given back.’
Lk.6:38

Jesus lays out the law of the harvest. What I give determines what I get.

Jesus isn't a celestial Santa giving out gifts indiscriminately. There are laws in place that, like gravity, none can escape. This is one of them, the amount I measure out to give is the amount I will receive back.

This is to do with more than money. It includes time, abilities, attention... everything. How's my almsgiving going this Lent?

Lord Jesus, I am tight fisted. Help me gain a generous heart. 
Saint Barnabas, please pray for me.


No comments: