Friday, March 3, 2023

New Beginnings

When the sinner renounces sin to become law-abiding and honest, he deserves to live. He has chosen to renounce all his previous sins; he shall certainly live; he shall not die.
Ez.18:27,28

Through the prophet Ezekiel God states life or death is determined by what our attitude and actions are now. The slate recording past good or evil is wiped clean.

God is a God of new beginnings. This is good news. It means my new self can overcome the indebtedness of my old, sinful self. 

We all, all, have sinned and are in need of the mercy of God, in need of a new beginning. This is the message of hope that the world is aching to hear. It is the message of the Gospel. 

Thank you Jesus for the new life I have in you. Help me proclaim the mercy of God to those I meet today. 
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: