Thursday, February 9, 2023

Truly I am Blessed

O blessed are those who fear the Lord
   and walk in his ways!
By the labour of your hands you shall eat.
   You will be happy and prosper.
Happy are those who fear the Lord.
Your wife will be like a fruitful vine
   in the heart of your house;
your children like shoots of the olive,
   around your table.
Ps. 127:1-3

The psalmist sings of the blessings flowing from his fear of the Lord, the provision from his work, the fruitfulness of his family.

Psalm 127 is a Song of Assents, sung while climbing the very steps of the temple. It is the song of a grateful heart that is going to meet its provider in worship.

It is good to recall God's blessings and to thank him for them.

Father, thank you for the provision from my work. Thank you for my wife, my children and my grandchildren. Truly I am blessed.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: