Thursday, December 1, 2022

Hear and Do

Therefore, everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them will be like a sensible man who built his house on rock. Rain came down, floods rose, gales blew and hurled themselves against that house, and it did not fall: it was founded on rock.
Mt.7:24,25

Jesus warns about true and false prophets and wise and foolish builders. All will be exposed, either on judgement day or when calamity falls.

There are three messages here. First, there is a foolish way to build my life and a wise way. Second, the difference depends on inaction or action. Third, troubles will come. 

Rain, floods and gales of life happen and Jesus has never said his followers will be exempt. But what he does say today is that if I hear and do his Word I will stand. 

Holy Spirit, help me hear and do today that I may stand.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: